American Wagyu Cheeseburger with Caramelized Onions and Cacio e Pepe Fries Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Russet potatoes, 2x
Canola oil, ½ cup
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Yellow onion, 1x
Ground Wagyu beef, 1 lb
Dried oregano, 1 tsp
Dried rosemary, 1 tsp
Red chili flakes, ½ tsp
Dried thyme, ½ tsp
Garlic powder, 1½ tsp
Onion powder, 1½ tsp
Cheddar cheese, 8 oz
Parmesan, 1 oz
Pecorino, 1 oz
Lettuce, 1 head
Unsalted butter, 3 tbsp
Brioche burger buns, 2x
Ground black pepper, 1 tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cut the potatoes into FRY FORMATION. Toss with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and Balinese Truffle Salt to taste. Lay on a sprayed, foil-lined baking sheet. Cook, rotating every 15 minutes, until GBD (Golden Brown & Delicious); about 45 minutes in total.
- Julienne the onion.
- Get your medium saute pan on low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook the onions down until they’re caramelized, about 20 mins. Stir often or they will get crispy!
- Take the ground beef out of its packaging and blot dry with paper towels. Season with oregano, rosemary, chili flakes, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, and a nice pinch of truffle salt. Let sit while you continue your prep journey!
- Grate the cheeses, keeping them separate. Slice the tomato and pick the lettuce.
- Form your meat mixture into two meat patties.
How to cook
- Pop 2 tablespoons of butter into your large saute pan and toast the buns until GBD. Set the buns aside and wipe out your pan.
- Reheat the large saute pan over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Add your patties and flip often for about 5 minutes for a nice medium rare. Reduce the heat to medium, top with the grated cheddar after the final flip and cover with a pan lid to allow the cheese to melt for 30 seconds.
- Take the fries out of the oven and toss with the black pepper and the grated Parm & Pecorino. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Assemble your giant Wagyu Burger of Glory and C&P fries. DIG IN CHEF! You earned it.
From the chef
Chef Tucker here! Sizzle up the juiciest American Wagyu Cheeseburger and spice up your fries with Cacio e Pepe in this fun on-demand cooking class! 🍔🍟✨
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.