Artisan Cheese Tasting Class Details
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Cypress Grove Goat Cheese (Soft cheese)
Cowgirl Creamery Mt. Tam (Triple Cream Cheese)
Bellwether Farms Carmody (Semi-Hard Cheese)
Sourdough Flatbread Crackers
Brown Butter Truffle Honey
- Prepare all the ingredients.
How to cook
Goat Cheese - Cypress Grove
- Flavors are tart, with a soft, almost spreadable texture. Unapologetic, goats' cheese is intense in its youth, providing earthy and tangy nuances that sharply sweep the palate. Letting it linger means allowing the flavors to settle and clean up, providing plenty of opportunity for other pairings to stand out.
Triple Cream Cheese - Mt. Tam
- Tam cheese rises above the standard for basic bloomy rinds, using local, organic cow's milk. A typical trip with Mt. Tam takes you from fudgey firmness to buttery softness with flavors spanning from bright creme fraiche to complex and mushroomy, evoking North Bay's lush green and gold pastures.
Semi-Hard Cheese - Bellwether Farms Carmody
- Carmody highlights the buttery flavor and naturally golden color of rich Jersey cow milk. This amazing milk is produced by cows in neighboring dairies to Bellwether up in Petaluma, CA. The name Carmody comes from a road that winds through the coastal hills of Northern California near the dairy itself. This cheese has a buttery and creamy texture with a slightly nutty and grassy flavor.
Brown Butter Truffle Honey by Truffle Shuffle
- We use amazing wildflower honey for our Brown Butter Truffle Honey recipe with dried truffles, fleur de sel, and brown butter solids. The combination is a toasty, sweet, and savory addition that pairs so well with a variety of cheeses, fruits, and nuts. Our truffle honey is an easy way to bring truffle flavors to sauces and glazes, soups, crusty breads, and more.
From the chef
Taste your way through some of America's finest cheeses with our signature condiments. In this class, you'll refine your palate as you taste and enjoy your way through three different cheeses, each with it's own pairing. Learn more about our cheese partners and don't miss a drizzle of our delicious Brown Butter Truffle Honey!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.