Asparagus Risotto Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Broth, 3 cups
Water, 1½ cups
Parmesan, 1 oz
Unsalted butter, 2 tbsp
Truffle Carpaccio, 1 jar
Asparagus, ¼ bunch
Olive oil, ¼ cup
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Carnaroli rice, 1 heaping cup
Dry white wine, ½ cup
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring 3 cups of the broth and 1½ cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Cube the butter.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio, reserving the other half for garnish.
- Peel and finely mince the shallot. Snap or slice the asparagus spears.
How to cook
- In a large saucepan over low heat, stir together the shallot, half of the olive oil, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Cook until the shallot is soft and translucent (but before browned).
- Add the rice and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the rice has a toasty aroma but no color.
- Deglaze the pan with the ½ cup of white wine, increase heat to medium-high, and continue stirring until all of the wine has evaporated.
- Turn the heat to medium and add one ladle of hot stock to the pan.
- Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly. Repeat this process until there is only ¼ cup of stock left and the rice is al dente.
- Meanwhile, pop the asparagus onto the sheet tray and toss with the remaining olive oil and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Roast until GBD (Golden Brown & Delicious), about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Zest on the lemon, then squeeze on lemon juice to taste.
- Turn the heat on the risotto to low and add the butter, one cube at a time, until emulsified. Adjust consistency if necessary with the last bit of stock.
- Add the Parmesan, then fold in the chopped Truffle Carpaccio.
- Season with a couple drops of lemon juice and Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
- Garnish with the remaining Truffle Carpaccio and roasted asparagus and enjoy!
From the chef
Chef Tucker here! Learn how to make an Italian style black truffle risotto with beautiful asparagus! In this on-demand class, you’ll learn all of the techniques from cutting the shallots into a fine hache, to stirring the risotto to creamy perfection, to how to cook the rice to a beautiful al dente.
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.