Barbecue Truffle Cheeseburger Class Details
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Russet potatoes, 2x
Canola oil, 1⁄4 cup
Balinese Tru e Salt, to taste
Semi-hard artisanal cheese, 4 ounces
Ground American wagyu beef, 1 pound
Yellow onion, 1x
Unsalted butter, 4 tablespoons
Brioche buns, 2x
BBQ sauce, 4 ounces
Tru ffle Gastrique, 2 ounces
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Wash the potatoes and slice into steak fries. Toss with half of the canola oil and a sprinkle of Balinese Tru e Salt.
- Spray the foil-lined sheet trays with pan spray and spread the potato slices evenly onto the trays. Place in the oven and rotate every 15 minutes until GBD (Golden Brown & Delicious), about 45 minutes in total.
- Grate the cheese.
- Remove the beef from its packaging and form into two hamburger patties. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Peel and julienne the onion.
How to cook
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the onions and cook over medium-high heat, stirring, until caramelized.
- Add the Tru ffle Gastrique, season with Balinese Tru e Salt and turn the heat to medium. Allow to cook over medium heat until jammy.
- In another large saute pan, heat the remaining canola oil.
- When the oil begins to smoke, season the burger patties with Balinese Tru e Salt and add them to the pan. Continue to cook over medium-high heat, flipping from time to time, until medium rare, about 5 minutes.
- Top the patties with the grated cheese, turn the heat to medium, and cover.
- Allow the burgers to cook, covered, until the cheese has melted, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the lid and transfer the patties to a cutting board.
- Return the clean pan to medium heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Add buns and toast until GBD.
- Remove the steak fries from the oven and season with Balinese Tru e Salt.
- Build the burger, add the caramelized onions, cover with BBQ sauce and devour, alongside your crispy Tru e Fries!
From the chef
Indulge your taste buds in the smoky allure of Chef Tyler's Barbecue Truffle Cheeseburger class. Elevate your burger game as you unravel the secrets behind crafting the most delectable, jammy caramelized onions that will elevate your burger experience to new heights.
From mastering the art of cooking a perfectly seasoned and juicy burger patty to achieving the beautiful crispy oven fries, this class promises to transform your home-cooked burgers into gourmet delights.
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.