What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Large Pot with Lid
Thin cut chicken breast, 1 pound
White beech mushrooms, 4 oz
Chives, ½ bunch
Truffle Carpaccio, 1 jar
Garlic, 2 cloves
All purpose flour, ½ cup
Canola oil, ¼ cup
Unsalted butter, 2 tbsps
Marsala wine reduction, ¼ cup
Stock, ¼ cup
Cream, ¼ cup
Thyme, 4 sprigs
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Rallenti penne pasta, 1 pound
- Remove the chicken from its packaging and set it on a paper towel-lined plate to temper.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Dice the shallot. Slice the mushrooms.
- Slice the chives. Peel and mince the garlic. Pick and mince the thyme leaves.
- Add a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper to the bag of all-purpose flour.
- Season the chicken pieces and place them in the bag of seasoned flour. Shake until coated.
How to cook
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, stir together half of the canola oil and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Test the temperature of the butter and oil mixture by placing a little piece of coated chicken breast in the pan. Once it starts sizzling, arrange the coated chicken so they can evenly fry. Pan-fry both sides until GBD (Golden Brown and Delicious), about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the crispy chicken from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Add an additional 2 tablespoons of butter and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add the shallots and saute until tender. Add the garlic and thyme and stir until fragrant, then add the mushrooms and saute until GBD.
- Season with Balinese Truffle Salt. Add the stock, marsala wine, and cream. Bring to a boil, then adjust the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Season the boiling water with kosher salt and cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Continue simmering the sauce until slightly thickened, then turn off the heat.
- Place the chicken and pasta on your serving platter and smother with sauce. Garnish with the chives and slices of Truffle Carpaccio; enjoy!
From the chef
Learn to cook an absolutely irresistible Chicken Marsala, Truffle Shuffle-style, with white beech mushrooms, our Marsala wine reduction, and world-famous Truffle Carpaccio! We will teach you each step to pan-fry chicken to golden brown perfection, then use the resulting fond to build flavor with garlic, thyme, butter, stock, and wine to make a sauce so perfect you’ll have to stop yourself from finishing it before the pasta is ready! Just when you think it can’t get any better, you’ll serve it all over a warm bowl of penne pasta with Truffle Carpaccio and chives for garnish. Delicious just doesn’t quite cut it, this marsala is life-changing!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.