Black Truffle Gravy
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Large Pot with Lid
Garlic, 1 clove
Truffle Carpaccio, 1 jar
Thyme sprigs, 3x
Unsalted butter, 2 tbsps
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
White wine, 1/2 cup
All purpose flour, 3 tbsps
Turkey or chicken stock, 24 oz
- Peel and finely mince the shallot and garlic.
- Finely chop half of the truffles from the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Pick and chop the thyme.
How to cook
- In a 2 quart pot over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the shallot and garlic and cook until the shallot is soft and translucent. Season with a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook until au sec.
- Add the flour and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup of broth. Bing to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- When a paste forms, add the remaining broth, along with the thyme and another pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Finish with the chopped Truffle Carpaccio and more Balinese Truffle Salt to taste.
- Finish with the roast turkey drippin’s and serve immediately, or cover, and set aside in your refrigerator until it’s gravy time!!
- Gently reheat the gravy over medium in a small saucepan, stirring from time to time to prevent sticking.
From the chef
Chef Tyler is elevating our Thanksgiving feast to Michelin-star quality with this irresistible, aromatic gravy. Whether you're drizzling it over a perfectly roasted turkey or adding a touch of indulgence to your mashed potatoes, our Black Truffle Gravy is the culinary secret that'll make every meal a memorable event.
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.