Black Truffle Risotto Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Olive oil, 3 tbsp
Chicken broth, 3 cups
Parmesan, 1 oz
Carnaroli rice, 1 heaping cup
Water, 1½ cups
Truffle Carpaccio, to taste
Unsalted butter, 2 tbsp
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Heavy cream, ½ cup
Dry white wine, ½ cup
Champagne vinegar or your favorite vinegar, to taste
- Heat the broth and water to the boil in the 2 qt pot, set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Peel and finely mince the shallot.
How to cook
- Sweat the shallot in olive oil over low heat, season lightly with Balinese Truffle Salt, cook until translucent and tender without any color.
- Add the rice and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the rice has a toasty aroma but no color.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, increase heat to medium-high, cook until all of the wine has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add one ladle of hot stock to the pan.
- Cook until almost all of the liquid has evaporated, stirring constantly. Repeat this process until there is only ¼ cup of stock left and the rice is al dente.
- Turn down to low heat and add the butter, whipped cream, and Parmesan cheese. Stir until homogenous.
- Add the chopped Truffle Carpaccio to the risotto.
- Add a couple drops of Champagne or your other favorite vinegar to heighten the taste.
- Adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Garnish the risotto with the rest of the Truffle Carpaccio and enjoy!
From the chef
Chef Tyler here! Learn to cook an elegant French-style risotto with me! I will teach you all the techniques you'll need to perfect the elusive “rice suspended in sauce,” or the goal of any great risotto. This creamy, luxurious dish is the perfect opportunity to let our black truffle’s delicious flavor truly shine!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.