Cajun-Style Blackened Salmon Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
6 oz king salmon filets, 2x
Chicken or vegetable stock, 2 cups
Jasmine rice, 1 cup
Bay leaf, 1x
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Italian parsley, ½ bunch
Cilantro, ½ bunch
Cajun seasoning, 2 tbsp
Canola oil, ¼ cup
Garlic clove, 1x
Cream, ¼ cup
Bourbon, 3 tbsp
- Take the salmon out of its packaging and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside on a plate totemper.
- In a sauce pot over medium-high heat, bring the chicken stock, rice, bay leaf, and a pinch ofBalinese Truffle Salt to a boil. Grate in the garlic and stir to combine.
- Once boiling, adjust the heat to maintain a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer until the rice istender and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes.
- Mince the shallot.
- Chop the parsley and cilantro
How to cook
- Season the flesh side of the salmon generously with Cajun seasoning.
- In a large saute pan over medium high-heat, heat the canola oil until smoking.
- Add the salmon, flesh-side down, and cook until blackened, about 3-4 mins.
- Flip the salmon onto its skin-side and cook until the skin is crispy, about 2 mins.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place on a cooling rack or cutting board. Season with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Return the pan to low heat and add the shallot. Stir until soft, then add the bourbon and… Flambé!!Carefully… off the heat….
- Return the pan to the heat and reduce until nearly as sec, then whisk in the cream.
- Bring the cream to a boil and whisk in parsley and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Stir in the zest of 1 lime and the juice of ½ lime, along with 2-3 tablespoons of cilantro.
- Plate up the seared salmon over the rice and top with the sauce!
- Add a lime wedge or herbs for garnish!
From the chef
Chef Tucker here! Get fired up with my Cajun-Style Blackened Salmon cooking class! We're talking flavor explosions and culinary mischief galore. Dive into the world of sizzling spices, zesty kicks, and salmon that'll make your taste buds dance! Join us for a wild ride and unleash your inner sous chef. Let's get cookin' and bring the Bayou to your kitchen!