What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Brussels sprouts, 3 pounds
Bacon, 3 oz
Sage, 1 bunch
Canola oil, 1/4 cup
Sherry vinegar, 1/3 cup
Dijon mustard, 1/3 cup
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Brown Butter Truffle Honey, 2 jars
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Trim and halve the brussels sprouts, transferring the halved sprouts to a large bowl.
- Pick and chiffonade the sage.
- Dice the bacon.
How to cook
- Heat half of the canola oil in the large saute pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and saute. Add the remaining canola oil and continue cooking until browned and rendered.
- Turn off the heat and remove the bacon from the pan, reserving any remaining fat.
- Toss the brussels sprouts in the reserved fat.
- Season with a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and spread onto the foil-lined sheet tray. Transfer to your oven to bake until brown and crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and Brown Butter Truffle Honey to the saute pan. Turn the heat to medium-high and whisk until the liquid has reduced to a glaze.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and transfer to a mixing bowl. Reheat the glaze over medium heat. Toss the sprouts with the glaze, sage, bacon, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Top with another sprinkle of Balinese Truffle Salt and transfer to a casserole in one even layer.
- Serve immediately, or cover with aluminum foil and store in your refrigerator, ready to reheat and enjoy tomorrow!
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Bake the casserole, covered with aluminum foil, until warmed through, about 15 minutes
From the chef
Chef Jason's roasted brussels sprouts put the the flavor in sprouts! Each bite will have you in giddy joy that brussels sprouts can taste so amazing.
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.