Chocolate Lava Cake with Crème Anglaise Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
For the Cake
Unsalted butter, 8 tbsp
Dark chocolate, 6 oz
Egg yolks, 2x
Sugar, 3 tbsp
All purpose flour, 3 tbsp
For the Anglaise
Egg yolks, 6x
Sugar, ½ cup
Half and half, 2 cups
Vanilla extract , 1 tsp
- Gather your mise en place and prepare to make this mouthwatering dessert!
How to cook
- To Make the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 450F.
- Spray your ramekins with pan spray and then use two tablespoons of sugar to coat the ramekin.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled with an inch of water to a boil over high heat.
- In a medium heatsafe mixing bowl, combine the 1 stick of unsalted butter and the dark chocolate.
- Place over the pan of boiling water and stir occasionally as they melt. Mix well until homogeneous.
- In a separate bowl, combine the 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of sugar, and an optional pinch of salt..
- Whisk the mixture until it lightens in color, becomes foamy, and falls in ribbons. Set aside.
- Using your rubber spatula, fold the chocolate into the egg mixture.
- Fold in the all purpose flour.
- Portion evenly between your baking containers, set on a sheet tray, and bake until the outer edge is set and the inside is still jiggly, about 6-10 minutes.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- To Make The Anglaise
- Bring the half & half to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the 6 egg yolks and remaining ½ cup of sugar.
- Once the half & half begins to simmer, slowly stream half of it into the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Return the mixture back to the saucepan and place over a medium heat.
- Stir constantly with a heatproof spatula until the mixture begins to thicken and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mix two tablespoons of raspberry puree with two tablespoons of the creme anglaise.
- To plate, place a large spoonful of the anglaise on your plate, place drops of raspberry anglaise onto the white anglaise.
- Using a toothpick, pull it through the raspberry puree to make little heart shapes.
- Plate the cake on top of the anglaise and enjoy every bite of the deliciousness!!
From the chef
Chef Jeremy here! Indulge in the ultimate chocolate lover's dream with this delectable Chocolate Lava Cake recipe! This exquisite dessert is a masterpiece of rich, velvety chocolate cake that encases a molten, gooey center just waiting to be released with every decadent bite!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.