Fresh Pasta Aglio e Olio Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Large Pot with Lid
00 flour, 1¼ cups
Egg yolk, 4x
1 whole egg, 1x
Olive oil, 3 tbsp
Truffle Carpaccio, to taste
Parmesan cheese, 1 oz
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Garlic cloves, 4x
Parsley, ½ bunch
Chili flakes, 1 tsp
Black pepper, 1 tsp
Kosher salt, to taste
Dry white wine, ½ cup
- Fill a large pot with water, cover, and place on the stove on low heat.
- Set aside ½ cup flour for your “bench flour.”
- Lay the remaining flour on your counter and make a well in the center. Add the egg yolks, whole egg, and olive oil. Whisk the eggs and oil together with a fork until combined.
- Using your index finger like a dough hook, mix the eggs and oil into the flour until shaggy.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 5-8 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest.
- Chop half of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Peel and slice the garlic. Chop the parsley. Grate the cheese.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough until it’s thin enough to read a piece of paper through it.
- Cut the dough into your desired pasta shape.
How to cook
- Lightly season the boiling water with kosher salt.
- Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes.
- Strain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to your saute pan and set over medium-low heat.
- Sweat the garlic until soft, then stir in the chili flake and black pepper.
- Add the wine (optional) and reserved pasta water and bring to a boil, reducing slightly.
- Toss in the pasta and Parmesan. Mix until the pasta reaches your desired consistency.
- Top with the parsley and truffle carpaccio! Enjoy to the fullest! :)
From the chef
Chef Tucker here! Learn to master what the Italians do best: fresh, handmade pasta with a sauce so perfect and simple you can hardly believe how delicious it is! I will walk you through each step to hand make pasta from scratch, along with an absolutely delicious "garlic and oil" sauce you can turn to time and time again!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.