Lemon Ricotta Gnocchi Class Page
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Large Pot with Lid
Whole-milk ricotta, 12 oz
Egg yolks, 3x
00 Flour, 1¼ cup
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Unsalted butter, 3 oz
Sage, 8-10 leaves
Parmesan cheese, 1 oz
Truffle Carpaccio, 1 jar
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or foil and set aside. Fill a large pot with water, leaving about 1 inch of room from the top. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, remove the ricotta from its packaging and set on your kitchen towel. Lightly press down to remove its excess moisture.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the drained ricotta, egg yolks, and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Grate in the parmesan and zest of 1 lemon and use a wooden spoon to stir until combined.
- Set aside ¼ cup of 00 flour for your “bench flour.”
- Slowly incorporate the remaining 1 cup flour into the mixture until the consistency resembles Play-Doh.
- Use your bench flour to lightly dust your work surface, hands, and lined sheet tray.
- Transfer the dough to the dusted work surface and form into a disc.
- Use a knife or bench scraper to cut the disc into 6 even wedges. Roll each wedge into a ¾” thick rope. Cut each rope into knuckle-sized pieces that resemble small pillows. Repeat with the remaining dough, transferring the gnocchi onto the prepared sheet tray.
How to cook
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter until it’s golden brown. Add the sage leaves and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt to the boiling water and blanch the gnocchi until they float, about 1-2 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the gnocchi to the large pan with the brown butter sage sauce. Toss with the Truffle Carpaccio and fresh lemon juice.
- Plate attractively with the sage leaves. Sprinkle lightly with Balinese Truffle Salt to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
From the chef
Get ready to savor the perfect harmony of flavors in every bite! This on-demand class is designed to bring a burst of flavor and a touch of gourmet finesse to your pasta-making repertoire. We'll teach you how to make soft, pillowy gnocchi by hand from start to finish, along with a decadent brown butter sauce brought to the next level with Truffle Carpaccio!