NY Strip Steak with Wild Mushrooms Class Page
Before you start
- Just before cooking begins, take out the steak, remove from the packaging, and allow it to sit at room temperature on a plate to temper.
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
14 oz NY strip steak, 1x
Garlic, 1 clove
Truffle Carpaccio, 1 jar
Wild mushrooms, ½ lb
Thyme, 3 sprigs
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
Butter, 2 tbsps
Canola oil, 1 tbsp
Cream, ⅓ cup
- Cut the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces, and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel.
How to cook
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat.
- Season the steak with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Add the canola oil to the pan. Right before the oil begins to smoke, add the steak to the pan.
- While cooking over high heat, flip the steak every 30 seconds. Keep flipping the steak every 30 seconds for about 2-3 minutes for a solid medium rare. If you would like your steak cooked more or less, simply increase or decrease the amount of cooking time.
- Right before the steak is finished, add the butter to the pan. Smash the garlic clove and add it to the pan along with the thyme. With your spoon, baste the steak for about one minute.
- Remove the steak from the pan and rest it on your cutting board. Top with garlic and thyme.
- While the steak is resting, heat the pan on medium-high heat and add the mushrooms to the pan. Saute on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, stirring or tossing the pan from time to time.
- Deglaze the pan with the madeira and cook until the pan is almost dry. Add the cream to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir the Truffle Carpaccio into the sauce and season the sauce with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Slice the steak, sprinkle a little Balinese Truffle Salt on top to finish, cover with the mushrooms and enjoy!
From the chef
Prepare your taste buds for a culinary delight with our Pan-Seared NY Strip Steak with Wild Mushrooms. We're talking about a perfectly seared NY strip steak that's both juicy and flavorful. But we don't stop there – enter a wild mix of sautéed mushrooms, adding an earthy and savory dimension to each bite. With a tantalizing crust on the steak and the rich, robust notes of wild mushrooms, this dish is a symphony of textures and flavors that elevates your steak experience to a whole new level. Get ready for a dining adventure that combines the best of seared perfection and the untamed allure of wild mushrooms!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.