Potato Blinis & Caviar Flight Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Yukon Gold potatoes, 1 lb
Kosher salt, to taste
Chives, 1 bunch
Egg yolks, 2x
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
All purpose flour, 1/4 cup
Whole milk, 1/4 cup
Unsalted butter, 2 tbsp
Kaluga caviar, 1 jar
White sturgeon caviar, 1 jar
Smoked trout roe, 1 jar
Pickled shallots, 1 jar
- Place the potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water by at least an inch. Add a pinch of kosher salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Simmer the potatoes until they’re very tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 25 minutes.
How to cook
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil.
- Slice the chives.
- Use a large spoon to transfer the potatoes to a kitchen towel. Use the towel to peel the potatoes while they’re hot. Pass the peeled potatoes through a ricer into a mixing bowl. Measure out two packed cups of riced potato and return it to the mixing bowl, discarding any extra potato.
- Use a wooden spoon to mash the warm potatoes to create a paste. Slowly add the whole eggs and use a spoon to whip until incorporated. Add the egg yolks and continue to whip until creamed and smooth. Season with a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until combined. Stir in 2–3 tablespoons of milk to reach the desired batter consistency.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-low heat, melt a small slice of butter until sizzling. Add small spoonfuls of blini batter and cook until the pan side is golden brown. Flip and cook the rest of the way through.
- Transfer the cooked blinis onto the foil-lined sheet tray and cover with a kitchen towel as you finish the remaining blinis. Just before serving, remove the towel and place the blinis in the oven to warm.
- Once your blini are cooked, plate them up with creme friache, sliced chives, pickled shallots, and your choice of delicious caviar! Enjoy every last bite!
From the chef
Chef Tyler here! Get ready to elevate your taste buds with our Potato Blinis & Caviar Flight. These tiny, golden pancakes are a delightful canvas for the rich, velvety caviar that sits atop. It's a symphony of flavors and textures - the creamy potatoes complementing the salty, briny caviar. A bite-sized luxury that's perfect for any special occasion. You won't be able to stop at just one!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.