What you'll learn
Mise En Place
9" pie shell, 1x
Sugar, 1/4 cup + 2 tbsps
Brown sugar, 3/4 cup
Flour, 2 tbsps
Pumpkin pie spice, 3 tsps
Kosher salt, 1/2 tsp
Egg Yolks, 3x
Pumpkin puree, 15 oz
Heavy cream, 1 1/3 cup
- Preheat your oven to 400F
How to cook
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and flour.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, eggs, and pumpkin puree. Once smooth, add in the heavy cream and whisk until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a prebaked 9" pie shell and bake at 400F for 30-45 minutes. The mixture should be well set around the edges with a slight jiggle in the center. The internal temperature should be between 185F-200F.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool before chilling overnight.
- I like to serve this pie topped with sweetened whipped cream and a little bit of pumpkin pie spice.
- *Please note, sometimes the custard in this pie will crack on top. When it cracks, I definitely recommend topping it with whipped cream. It will cover the crack and no one will know.
From the chef
Chef Jeremy is treating you with a timeless classic Pumpkin Pie recipe! We're rounding out your Thanksgiving preparations with a delightful baking experience, guiding you through crafting the ideal, velvety pumpkin filling nestled in a flaky, buttery crust. Get ready to fill your home with the irresistible aroma of pumpkin spice and create memories with each delicious slice!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.