Ratatouille with Roasted Sea Bass Class
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Bell pepper, 1x
Yellow onion, 1x
Garlic clove, 3x
1 lemon, 1x
Goldbar squash, 1-2x
Japanese eggplant, 1x
Roma tomatoes, 2-3x
Sea bass, 1x
Thyme, 3 sprigs
Basil, ½ bunch
Extra virgin olive oil, ½ cup
Sherry vinegar (for the gastrique), ¼ cup
Balinese Truffle Salt, 1 packet
Brown Butter Truffle Honey (for the gastrique), 1 jar
- For Homework 2 Hours Before the Class: Peel and medium dice the onion. Medium dice the red pepper and slice the garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic to the saute pan along with a large pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Stew the vegetable, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Remove from the heat and reserve until class time.
- To prepare: Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Make sure that your homework looks beautiful!
- Add the Black Truffle Gastrique to the stewed vegetables and heat on medium high heat until a gastrique forms (when there is almost no liquid left).
- Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to the cast iron pan or cake pan.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the zucchini, squash, eggplant, and tomatoes into ⅛ inch thick slices.
- Chop the thyme and chiffonade the basil.
- Shingle the sliced vegetables on top of the stewed vegetables in the cast iron pan.
- Mix the chopped thyme with ¼ cup of olive oil and brush some oil on top of the sliced vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt, cover the pan with foil, and place into the oven to cook for about 1 hour.
- While the ratatouille is cooking, follow along as we show you how to break down a whole fish!!
- To make the gastrique, place the vinegar and honey into a small pot and warm until liquid.
- Remove from the heat and reserve until needed.
How to cook
- When the ratatouille is 15 minutes away from being cooked, it’s time to cook the fish.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the medium saute pan. Season the fish on both sides with Balinese Truffle Salt, and place the fish into the pan, skin side down.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic and add them to the pan en chemise.
- Place the fish into the oven and allow it to cook until cooked through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Once the fish is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a plate.
- Remove the ratatouille from the oven, brush it again with the olive oil and chopped thyme, and plate it attractively next to the fish.
- Serve up your plates with lemon wedges and enjoy a Mediterranean classic!
From the chef
Experience the epitome of culinary excellence with our Ratatouille with Roasted Sea Bass. This extraordinary recipe combines the rustic flavors of Ratatouille, a vibrant medley of bell peppers, onions, garlic, zucchini, squash, eggplant, and Roma tomatoes, with the delicate succulence of perfectly roasted sea bass. Elevate your dining experience to new heights as you indulge in the harmonious symphony of textures and tastes. 😋
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.