Truffle Mac & Cheese Class Page
What you'll learn
Mise En Place
Large Pot with Lid
Truffle Carpaccio, 1 jar
Cheddar, 5 oz
Mozzarella, 5 oz
Artisanal semi-hard cheese, 5 oz
Garlic, 1 clove
Unsalted butter, 4 tbsps
Balinese Truffle Salt, to taste
All purpose flour, 3 tbsps
Whole milk, 2 cups
Cream, 1 cup
Bay leaf, 1x
Macaroni, 9 oz
Breadcrumbs, ⅓ cup
Dried thyme, 1 pinch
- Bring a large pot filled with water to a boil, covered, over low heat.
- Mince half of the Truffle Carpaccio.
- Grate the cheddar, mozzarella, and artisanal semi-hard cheese into a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Peel and mince the garlic clove.
How to cook
- In a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and a pinch of Balinese Truffle Salt and stir until the garlic has softened.
- Add the flour and continue stirring until you’ve made a blond roux, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the whole milk to the pot and turn the heat to medium-high. Whisk until a smooth paste forms.
- Add the remaining milk, the cream, and the bay leaf and continue whisking until the mixture is at a full boil.
- Adjust the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Simmer on low heat, whisking occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Season the large pot of boiling water with kosher salt and stir. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 8-9 minutes). Strain.
- Turn off the béchamel pot’s burner and remove and discard the bay leaf. Reserve 1 cup of cheese and add the remaining grated cheese to the sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the chopped Truffle Carpaccio. Taste and adjust the seasoning with Balinese Truffle Salt.
- Fold the cooked pasta into the cheese sauce.
- In a small saute pan over medium-low heat, stir together the panko and dried thyme. Toast until the panko is golden brown and delicious..
- Turn on the broiler.
- While the panko is toasting, transfer the pasta to the cast iron pan and top with remaining cheese. Place under the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.
- Remove the mac n cheese from the oven and top with the crispy toasted panko, Truffle Carpaccio slices, and Balinese Truffle Salt. Enjoy!
From the chef
Get ready for a taste bud party with our Truffle Mac 'n Cheese! We're taking your favorite comfort food and giving it a swanky upgrade. Picture this: perfectly cooked elbow macaroni swimming in a dreamy, creamy cheese sauce with a hint of earthy truffle goodness. It's like mac and cheese's cooler, fancier cousin. Each bite is a flavor explosion that'll make your taste buds do a happy dance. So, ditch the ordinary and get ready to dive into a bowl of pure, unapologetic yumminess!
Other chefs also loved
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.